On National Haiku Day
Power savings time
Haikus in the dark GG
I lay in bed sick
Throat, saliva, coughs
Cold, hot, weak for TV and
online, bye Ryan
Not ready for world
Just want to stay in bed, rot
Slowly dying, death
G is the ocean
D and A the forest
E the lone desert
Catbug is catbug
says put a fence around it
so i will do so
Purpose of minecraft
dig, build, explore, enjoy, eat
virtual also exists
sun bathers savor
hot sand, ocean brings plastic
lighting ancient coal
is coerced transformation –
Become a fire
burning to exist
wrote 3, each.
Enjoy a formula-drift event; become a part of our product, in perpetuity. Don’t say we didn’t warn you, in ALL CAPS!
The best part is the permanence of this ownership, and how casually it is stated. ETERNAL!!!! Ha-Ha.
Don’t trust people who don’t feel their theories. Do trust people who wear a name tag that says “True-Blue, also Insecure”.
and you will
Tell me about yourself,
ur experiences, views kept, way of being with others.
Judge me BRASHLY! : Give yourself to me, BOLD! BOLD
of me to think I am screenless.
If you don’t think you
have music within yourself
- check your pulse.
The Puente Hills fault be shakin’ up the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area! So much force!
THEGERSTRÖM, Robert (1857-1919)/ Spring River [src:bofransson][rblg:heysophyska]
EXPLODING!, CRYING! These are words I say to myself instead of carrying out the action, either because I don’t have time to dwell in the mental/spiritual/emotional explosion, or because the tears have yet to formulate. The tears are still hanging in their ducts planning their travel destination; my insides decide to stay in place.
Owen’s Valley. Color Pencil Drawing. Fried out in the sun for this :)
Nancy is so talented! <3
Opening tabs - network possible paths for a distant future.
Break. Take a moment to revel in the absoluteness of the instant future.
Enjoying it, enjoying it. Enjoy.
" February’s" batch of collages.
Mine ( far R ) is called Turning Legal.
Dang, D is advanced! I didn’t even name mine! Did you know that D has an advanced brain? She remembers the sun in her eyes at age ~1(?), and deciding to close her eyes for the photograph taken of herself in her mothers arms. She knows the spatialities of orange county with great precision, and remembers the path to and from wherever she’s been! She is a dirt and regional historian of GG; "That used to be dirt!". Advanced brain. My brain is average/below average. I don’t remember my life.
Collages: Nancy’s (“he has to use powers of the internet to cross the bridge and get to the icecream), Vanessa’s (“the background is fucked up, it’s like, blood! This is my first time making a collage”.), mine (“it doesn’t have a story, I just put things together”), and D’s (“I didn’t use scissors”).
- Bringing back “idk you tell me”. I say it to myself when I ask a question that has no answer, which is often.
- I am very grateful for all the educators I’ve had the joy of meeting (in text or embodied) in this life*, so then I cry about the educators. Later, I open my fridge on a hunt for kimchi, and I cry about the fridge when I realize it too is an individual, and an educator. Grasping the metal handle, lit by the refrigerator’s techno-omnipresent glow, I recognize that the fridge is a part of a (&my) creation, because everyday experiencing and living is an education and a making. Then, I am again grateful for, and humbled by everyone/thing from microbe to N2 molecules, sediment to ancestors, and all that are living or being at this time in this place we share, but this time plus fridge and ‘man-made’ “object”. Cry at (with/for) the fridge.
- While researching potential graduate advisers, I come to the conclusion that the best geographers are in Canada. Slight bummage ensues because I have very little chance of attaining a TA or any financial assistance if I apply there. So, I let go of J. Sundberg, regretfully.
- Sandra and I pulled Purple Plum radishes and Parisian carrots today. In the evening, I sorted the vegetables at the kitchen counter. I gently washed the tiniest carrot of the bunch and popped it in mam’s mouth. She said, “ay que bonita” in a soft-humble tone. She is always thankful for that which sustains her, what feeds her.
- Sometimes I don’t care about anything.
*At a workshop, Dr. Johnson complimented a response I gave to a question posed by the workshop leaders. I replied, “I’m very glad that I met you”. To me, this is an entirely reasonable reply.
The seeds are always doing something, just not what you want them to.
P.S. The lavender sprouted today.
It’s very easy to fall in love with Joseph Stroud and in like with Actor-Network theory.
Repping well screens.
Can’t see my dial slot earrings.
Dalin is the coolest future hydrogeologist. I’m Dalin’s biggest fan. I’m like a Dalin aquitard, because I hold up the Dalin. Dalin said that if she had a TV show she’d invite me to be on it. And if she had an internet video she’d hit me with things, in the video. It’s a friendship thing.